Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I haven' forgotten you

Well hello,

Thought I would drop by for a visit.  I have this crazy 14 week rotation at work and I sometimes work 2 weeks of days, shift to 3 days on evenings and then back to days again with only one day off in the middle.  My body is rebelling at the short turn arounds and I sometimes wake up feeling like I am ninty.  I have also not bought a car after my lease expired so I am on the bus.  A bit more walking and generally it is OK, but groceries are a bit of a pain. 

And last but not least, I had 5 cats at the begining of the summer and I have lost 2 of them.  Misty had some sort of feline Leukemia so after some testing and over $600, I decided that it was time to put him down.  Whatever it was, it wasn't going to be fixed.  The second one was Tigger.  She had retreated to the closet and wouldn't come out.  She was very sick as well.  No testing, just had her put down.  So I have 3 cats left and they are all over 12 years old.  I have had these cats since birth.  I did give one away but it was so hard to let them go that I kept the rest.  Now, I will have to let them go the hard way.  So I am enjoying the company of those that are still with me. 

And for the first time in my life, I will be hosting Thanksgiving here at my place.  I do have some work to do to get the place ready.  Why I have chosen to do this is so that I will get to eat the food that I like to eat and not have to smell turnip boiling.  Gak!!

So I will be back with more when I am a bit more rested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers