Sunday, June 20, 2010

Feeling better

Well hello all,

I feel that I am finally able to figure out who I am.  I have shed some crap that I have accumulated over the years (physical and mental) and I am ready to come out of my shell.  It's like a light just went on and I figured it all out.  It won't last very long, but the little moments of insight are wonderful to have. 

I have been in my current position at work for a year and I am finally starting to understand what the job is about and how to do it well.  Forensic Nursing is a piece of nursing that they don't teach you at school.  It is a combination of Correctional Guard, Nursing and Lawyer.  Even though we don't council patients on what to do about their charges, we still need to be able to tell them what is going on and what it means.  At the same time, we need everyone to stay safe.  There are days that I feel that I am being very parental as they start acting out and need to settle down.  I have a lot of time for the truly sick people that we have.  And most of them are the sickest of the sick.  People don't usually get arrested for just acting wierd.  It is usually that they have injured someone else and while in jail it is discovered that there is something unusual going on.

I have been living in the same apartment for over 2 years now and I am happy where I am.  I still browse the adds to see what is out there, but when I think of packing everything up, it gives me ulcers.  So I am here, and happy to be doing what I do and living where I live. 

What I need to do now is start having intrests outside of work.  I have so many choices but can't make a decision.  I have 3 weeks off this summer and was planning a trip abroad.  However, with the volcano and my fear of flying, I'm not so sure.  In lieu of waffling about what I will do, I have set myself a decision day.  So on the said day, I will figure out where I am going to go.  Local, national or international??  Who knows?

I hope you all have a wonderful summer.  I'll let you know what I decide to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers